In-Home Care Services for Patients on Ventilator Northern VA
To serve the complex needs of our patients in Northern Virginia, American Care Partners In-Home Ventilator support Program brings a coordinated unique multidisciplinary approach to patient care, drawing from the expertise of specialists that includes: physicians, respiratory therapists, In-Home Care nurses, dietitians, social workers, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists and Durable medical equipment experts.
Our Pediatric and adult In-Home Ventilator Program provides advanced on-going management to ventilator-assisted patients, including the options of both non-invasive ventilation (via a face or nose mask) and invasive ventilation (via a tracheostomy tube). We also supply Spirometry to track patient status, and provide family education and long-term care coordination.
We specialize in the management of the following medical diagnoses:
- Restrictive Lung Disease – Restrictive lung disease is characterized by reduced lung volume. A patient’s rib cage cannot expand sufficiently to support oxygen needs (cerebral palsy, scoliosis, liver disease).
- Respiratory Insufficiency – Respiratory insufficiency is a disorder in which a patient cannot exert the proper respiratory effort to breathe (conditions of muscular weakness due to various neurological disorders and Brain/spinal cord injuries).
- Hypoventilation – Hypoventilation is condition characterized by breathing that is too weak or slow to meet the needs of the body. A patient breathes too shallow to support their basic oxygen needs.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea – Obstructive Sleep apnea is a condition characterized by episodes of stopped breathing during sleep.
- Malacia – Malacia is a disorder that is characterized by a softening in one, two, or three parts of the airway (voice box, windpipe, breathing tubes). Patients with a soft, floppy trachea need a ventilator to hold it open.
- Central Hypoventilation Syndrome – Congenital central hypo-ventilation syndrome is a rare neurological disorder that is characterized by inadequate breathing during sleep.
- Lung Disease – Lung disease is any disease or disorder wherein lung function is impaired.
Contact us today to learn more about American Care Partners home care services that are available for people with Chronic Respiratory Insufficiency/failure and on Home Ventilator.
Providing Home Care Services in Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun County, Prince William County, Alexandria, Burke, Leesburg, Falls Church, Ashburn, Manassas, Manassas Park, Reston, Sterling, Herndon, Oakton, Dunn Loring, McClean, Great Falls, Tysons,Vienna